Kitty Hawk Generator Services
Local Certified Generac Dealer in Nags Head
Angel Advanced Technologies is the #1 choice for experienced generator installation and servicing in Kitty Hawk. Let our team of professionals install a top-quality generator properly and hazard-free. We’re a certified Generac dealer, ensuring our customers receive only the best equipment available. We also offer an annual maintenance service to keep generators at top performance.
Ready to install a new Generac generator? Call (252) 306-3103 or contact us online to request a free estimate!
- Dallas and James did several jobs in my beach house over the winter, installed lights, electrical outlets and checked wiring. I've been working with Bruce for several years and completely appreciate his patient demeanor, attentiveness and knowledge of the- Patricia B.
Standby generators, also known as whole-house generators, are a great source of backup energy when the power goes out. In the event of a power outage, whether due to thunderstorms, hurricanes, snowstorms, or other causes, a standby generator will keep a home’s essential electrical appliances and devices up and running. This type of system runs on either liquid propane or natural gas and automatically transfers electric demand during power loss.
Generac’s Guardian® Series is a great choice for most homeowners, coming with several essential features, including:
- OHVI Engine – Engineered and built in the USA, Generac’s OHVI engine is specifically designed for generator use and powerful enough to supply energy through the most severe outages.
- Evolution Controller – The Guardian Series is equipped with a next-generation intuitive controller that features a multilingual LCD display. Homeowners can use this component to check battery status and keep track of maintenance intervals.
- TruePower TechnologyTM – Allows for maximum power with minimum noise and enables the generator to provide clean, safe power, as well as smooth operation of sensitive electronics.
- Mobile Link Cellular Remote Monitoring – This feature gives homeowners the ability to check their generator’s status when they’re away through the use of a smartphone, tablet, or computer.
The Guardian Series generator is also extremely durable. Each unit is housed in an aluminum enclosure that’s protected by a RhinoCoatTM powder-coated finish. RhinoCoat prevents corrosion and allows the system to withstand all weather conditions.
Regardless of what type of generator is installed, it’s important to select the appropriate size for a household’s specific needs. The most accurate way of determining the size generator required is to decide which appliances will be receiving power from it during an outage.
Common household appliances and devices that require power during a blackout include:
- Air conditioner or heating system
- Water heater
- Electric range
- Coffee maker
- Washer and dryer
- Garage door opener
Each device requires a certain amount of wattage to operate. The wattage for every device will need to be added together to find out the total wattage. Divide the total watts by 1000 to find the kilowatts, and then multiply the kilowatts by 1.25 for future power needs. This number is the minimum generator capacity required. The Generac Guardian Series generator is available in several different sizes, ranging from 7kW to 22kW. The 22kW model is the industry’s largest air-cooled generator available and provides plenty of power for whole-house coverage.